Forums » News and Announcements

up on officiating the game.

• 1414 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:45 PM EDT

PARIS -- Its been a long wait for Kevin Gameiro. Sean Smith Jersey .But in the absence of the injured Olivier Giroud and with Karim Benzema still out of the France squad, the Atletico Madrid forward will finally get the opportunity to establish himself for good in Didier Deschamps team.Gameiro, who joined Atletico in the offseason for a reported 30 million euros ($34 million), is expected to start alongside Madrid teammate Antoine Griezmann when France takes on Bulgaria on Friday at the Stade de France in a World Cup qualifier.The European Championship runners-up, who were held to a 0-0 draw by Belarus in their Group A opener, will then travel to Amsterdam to play the Netherlands three days later.Griezmann, the top scorer at Euro 2016, is Deschamps first choice, with Gameiro, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Anthony Martial and Nabil Fekir in competition to replace Giroud.The Arsenal striker, who has not started a game this season with his club, has been hindered by a toe injury while Benzema -- who has not appeared for France since being charged with blackmail over a sex-tape scandal -- still has no place in the plans of Deschamps, at least on a short-term basis.The double absence of Benzema and Giroud is likely to benefit the 29-year-old Gameiro, who has strong credentials for his inclusion. His main asset is the promising relationship he has started to build with Griezmann at Atletico. Despite Fernando Torres competition that has been limiting his playing time, Gameiro has scored three goals and delivered as many assists in nine appearances.Individually, both of them are quality players and the fact that they are playing together with their club is a good thing, Deschamps said. They can improve their chemistry.Gameiro started his international career six years ago and was regularly called by previous France coach Laurent Blanc, until a friendly game against the United States in November 2011. The former Sevilla player then had to wait nearly five years before wearing the France jersey again.Gameiro, who scored the equalizer in the Europa League final as Sevilla came from behind to beat Liverpool 3-1, sometimes felt forgotten after he left Paris Saint-Germain to move abroad. He was selected on a list of reserve players for the European Championship but did not make the final cut, and finally received a proper call-up in September, making his ninth international appearance against Belarus after coming in as a substitute.It was a very long wait. These things happen during a career, but I never gave up, Gameiro said. Sevilla is a big club in Spain, but in France they dont get much exposure. Signing at Atletico Madrid put me one step above.Against a Bulgarian team that conceded three goals in its 4-3 opening win over Luxembourg, Deschamps will field an offensive-minded side, with Paul Pogba and Dimitri Payet also expected to start. Marcus Allen Jersey . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Gabe Jackson Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http://www.officialauthenticraidersstore.com/authentic-otis-sistrunk-jersey.html ;. Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn, who was ticked when no pass interference call was made after Richard Sherman grabbed Julio Jones in the final minutes of Sundays 26-24 loss at Seattle, told ESPN he plans to send the play into the NFL for review.Quinn had not yet sent the play as of 3 p.m. (ET) Monday, but planned to do so. He expects a response by Tuesday, as is typical procedure.The league will certainly look at it, and theyll grade the officials, too, Quinn said. I was certainly ticked off as a competitor. Ill let them comment on the play. But as a competitor -- you probably saw that on the sideline from me -- I was certainly, like I said, ticked as a competitor where I thought it would have gone the other way.Had the call been made, the Falcons could have kept the drive alive for potentially a game-winning score.The message I gave to the team, and I whole-heartedly believe it, it does not come down to one play, Quinn said. We had our opportunities in that ball game to make game-winning plays, game-saving plays earlier, and we didnt do that. So it just so happen on that one it all got magnified on.The play occurred on fourth-and-10 from the Falcons 25-yard line with just 1:39 left on the clock. Quarterback Matt Ryan tried to find Jones down the middle of the field. Jones attempted to make the catch but couldnt get everything into his jump with Sherman grabbing him. Sherman said he didnt interfere with Jones and claimed the Falcons got away with some offensive pass interference on a day the officials allowed phyysical play. Kenny Stabler Jersey. Before I took off, [Sherman] grabbed my right side and spun me around before I jumped up, Jones said. But it was just a missed call. Its over with. Its done. Were on to the next right now.Jones was asked if he pleaded his case to the officials.Thats not my job, Jones told ESPN following the game. If they make the call, they make the call. If they dont, they dont. Thats not me to coach them up on officiating the game. The only thing I can do is go out there and do my job.Quinn saw no need to encourage Jones to lobby for a flag.Hes not one that wants to go for it, Quinn said. I understand where youre going. Hes not the type of athlete thats going to try and always call for the foul. Thats my job to make sure the officials know that. So I was trying to get that point across yesterday.Sending plays to the league for review is weekly occurrence for NFL teams.They grade all of them, but sometimes well grade one to say, Can you help clarify this? Quinn said. Some of them I use for teaching. I would say likely five or under (are sent to the league). If youre really pissed off, you send 10. But it does no good.Quinn said he wont send any clips of the 13 hits Ryan absorbed in the game, although some Falcons, including Jones, believe Ryan was hit late several times.They had some good hits, Quinn said of the Seahawks. I didnt think any of them were blatantly out of whack. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '